PhD in Accountancy and Finance program concentrates on defining and preparing professionals for Accounting and Finance thinking. The commencement of PhD Accounting and Finance has been started by University of Lahore during Fall 2013. The program is challenging and opens the door to intellectual fulfillment and exciting career opportunities in research and teaching. Doctoral scholars will be engaged in serious research with faculty after completion of course work and will be required to publish articles in approved academic journals. The research degree requires course work of 48 credit hours followed by research proposal writing, comprehensive examination, and a dissertation of 36 credit hours. The first two year will be devoted to course work, presented in the form a series of weekly seminars. On successful completion examination after year two, candidates will be allowed to submit research proposals for dissertation۔
To produce PhD graduates who can conduct high quality academic research, who can publish their research in high quality academic journals, who can obtain senior faculty positions at research universities, who are good teachers, and more generally who are good academics.
- 16/18 Years of Education, BS/MS/M.Phil or Equivalent degree from HEC recognized university with Minimum 3.0/4.0 CGPA in semester system or 60% marks in annual system.
- All the applicants having MS/MPHIL or Equivalent degree (18 Years Education) may be given waiver in coursework as per HEC Policy.
- UOL Entry Test/GRE/GAT subject is mandatory with 60% marks.
- Applicants with 16 years education in other than Business Education discipline need to study deficiency courses.
- Investment Planning and Management
- Portfolio Management
- Fundamentals of Derivative
- Theories of Finance
- Empirical Finance
- Financial Derivative and Modeling
- Islamic Finance & Insurance
- Banking & Finance
- Corporate Reporting
- Performance Management
- Advanced Taxation
- Advanced Business Reporting
- Business Analysis